Embark on a career as a preschool teacher and learn how to plan, develop and evaluate educational activities aimed at children from 0 to 6 years old with the Degree in Early Childhood Education at UManresa.
We aim to train students to be analytical, to be able to communicate effectively and assertively, to be respectful of diversity, to have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team and to be aware of the responsibility and importance of the teacher's role in society.
The degree in Early Childhood Education at UManresa provides the following:
- Individual attention and personalised treatment thanks to a pedagogical model based on proximity.
- A team of highly qualified teachers in close contact with the professional reality of teaching.
- A network of quality and prestigious internship centres.
- A direct link with the educational movement of the territory and the educational challenges of the 21st century.
What makes us different?
- A teaching team which is expert in new educational methodologies as well as in didactics applied to science for preschool children.
- Educational activities which invite students to put their learning into practice in real contexts and with a positive impact on the immediate physical and social setting.
- Integration between theory and practice throughout the entire undergraduate degree. Selection of internship centres with the criteria of excellence.
- 100% of UManresa's graduates in Early Childhood Education find work within two years of graduating, mostly in stable jobs related to their studies.
- UManresa has its own kindergarten which is a practical reference of the pedagogical programmes that are worked on in the classroom. More information about Upetita Nursery School.
If you have passed the CFGS (Vocational Training Diploma) in Early Childhood Education, you can complete the Degree in Early Childhood Education in just 3 years. UManresa is the only university in Catalonia that allows this reduction in the number of years of studies if you have already obtained this vocational training qualification.
Science laboratory for children from 0 to 6 years old
The UManresa campus boasts facilities dedicated to scientific activities for children aged from 0 to 6 years old: the Lab 0-6, and its itinerant version, the Lab 0-6, and its itinerant version, the Lab on Wheels. Both resources are a way of bringing science closer to children qualitatively. Moreover, at the same time they represent a great advantage for the practical training of students since they provide both experience and significant and experiential learning.
“The reduced number of students per class and the proximity to the teaching staff generated a warmth in the classroom that has allowed me to experience university life to the fullest. I have enjoyed the complicity with my classmates and have always been convinced that what was taught to us in class has contributed to me becoming an attentive and competent teacher.”
Anna Sarri Forasté
Graduate in Early Childhood Education